Head of Finance
The incumbent will be responsible to organize and execute all financial accounting activities and to ensure designated cash processing, reconciliation and reporting functions are completed in a timely manner while in compliance with organization’s policy and applicable regulations. The incumbent is also responsible for treasury operations and project financing of all investments at Nebras.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
A. Drive for Results:
- Create a culture of execution and effectively communicates a sense of urgency in achieving short and long terms goals.
- Always balances between short term and long term business needs while making decisions.
- Stay focused on organization's vision, mission and values while resolving conflicting situations.
- Continually raise performance standards & bar of expectations.
B. Financial Reporting & Accounting:
- Ensure all reporting requirements of risks relating to errors, omissions, and non-compliance are clearly communicated.
- Design financial accounting and related systems (cash management, accounts payable, accounts receivable, credit control, payroll, inventory management system).
C. Treasury Management:
- Lead a comprehensive treasury management strategy for major risk programs and interrelated programs.
- Instruct management on new/improved treasury management concepts.
D. Budgeting & Financial Management:
- Assist the company in completion of strategic financial plan.
- Exhibit the capability to monitor the budget preparation activities, review the final budget and provide recommendations.
E. Internal (Processes, Products, Regulatory):
- Formulate the strategy, annual business plans, budgets, policies and procedures of the Finance & Administration Department, to support the organizational business strategy of Nebras.
- Ensure that the Department’s plans are within agreed budgets and timescales.
- Ensure that all financial accounting transactions are in compliance with the Nebras’s policies, procedures, regulatory requirements, and international financial and accounting reporting standards.
- Conduct financial data reviews in order to propose opportunities for cost reduction as well as proposing and managing opportunities/initiatives to minimize financial risk.
- Perform comprehensive review of project finance transactions, assign transaction ratings, make recommendations to the Management.
- Coordinate directly with banks, institutional investors, JV partners, and legal team to manage the timely funding of current and new project transactions.
- Interface with local and international legal counsels to prepare and deliver all the legal documents for the funds and individual investments.
- Ensure the correct allocation of expenditure to appropriate funds.
- Manage corporate treasury, direct daily management of the treasury, and coordinate cash forecasting and analysis.
- Develop and update monthly cash forecast to establish and update cash flow position and funding needs.
- Monitor money market flows and define requirements for money market instruments, that implement strategies to take advantage of favorable market flow changes.
- Review and approve all expenditure requests in coordination with concerned section staff in developing company-wide procedures for capital expenditure budgeting, control and reporting.
- Oversee cash flow forecast requirements and approve implementation of effective cash flow management, in coordination with concerned personnel and externally with financial institutions/banks for investment of surplus funds, loan facilities etc.
- Assess and enhance all financial systems, processes and policies and ensure adherence to all finance, accounting, billing, and auditing procedures.
- Ensure high standards of confidentiality to safeguard commercially sensitive information.
F. Alignment with organization vision and values:
- Create / contribute in building organizational vision, mission & values, and align the organization towards the same.
G. Decision Making:
- Empower people at all levels to take appropriate decisions.
H. Resource Planning & Execution:
- Develop long -term organisational strategies and plans.
- Set clear strategic KPIs and feedback mechanisms of strategic goal progress and achievement.
- Fully understand the integration of Divisional plans and support Department plans.
I. Budgeting & Allocation:
- Establish targets and design systems to fulfill the strategic objectives & Mission of organization.
- Prepare financial plans, forecasts and budgets
Desired Skills and Experience
- University degree in Accounting, Finance or an MBA.